Cairo Stadium Indoor Halls Complex
Cairo International Stadium, Al Estad, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt.
Cairo Stadium’ Indoor Halls
- consists of four Olympic-standard, multi-use indoor sporting arenas located inside the Cairo International Stadium in Cairo, Egypt. The capacity of the Main Hall is 20,000 spectators. It is used for several events, like handball, volleyball, international conferences, parties and fairs.The complex, the first of its kind in Africa and the Middle East, was completed in September 1991.Cairo Stadium Indoor Halls Complex has also, hosted important Fencing championships in 2019 such as Sabre Grand Prix and World Cup.Other sporting events held at the Complex include:
- 1993 Men’s Junior World Handball Championship
- 1999 World Men’s Handball Championship
- 2005 World Judo Championships
- 2009 Men’s Junior World Handball Championship
- 2017 FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup
- 2017 FIVB Volleyball Men’s U23 World Championship
The complex is erected on 70 acres, of which 60.000 square meters are for the establishments. It can hold all kinds of Olympic competitions plus international conferences, partied and fairs and the hall is equipped with all necessary utilities and services, for players, referees, administrators and spectators. It comprises a main compartment, some VIP salons, 62 cabins for mass media, stores, lecture halls, meeting rooms, administration for the building with communications and simultaneous interpretation facilities, security and control rooms, lighting and acoustics operation and control rooms, an emergency and physiotherapy clinic, a billiard hall and a photographic laboratory.
The Fencing Halls
Three circular halls, one of them of 50 meters internal diameter, accommodating 1500 spectators, has a restaurant below the auditoriums to serve the players, a main kitchen; equipped with modern equipment and utilities including 24 cabins for the mass media and two 40 meters internal diameter halls, each accommodating 750 spectators with 19 cabins for mass media each.